The Blender comes back with a Talented Kuwaiti Director, Hamad Jasem. Hamad graduated from AUK (The American University of Kuwait) and is now working in the Ministry of Information.
1) Name, Age, Passions, interests and brief of career and personal life?
My name is Hamad Jasem. I am 28 years old. I am a dependent film maker.
2) What makes you so interested in film direction?
I like to tell stories using arts such as acting, camera shooting, lighting ...etc. so the best way to combine all these arts though film directing and supporting the way that the story should be performed.
3) What is the message that you want to deliver in the field of film and direction?
Actually it depends on the film i'm working on. But in general i want to deliver messages that can affect people's lives in a positive way.
4) Any prizes, awards, events you attended or participated in?
I got only one prize it wasn't given to me by a festival or an organisation. But it was given to me by God, when he sent me an unknown person who called me and said i saw your documentary (the life story of Jasem). it made me kiss my father's hand and head after two years of not seeing him. I believe that is the greatest prize i got or will ever get. i don't think there is any greater prize than this one. i will never forget these words as long as I'm alive.
5) Throughout all your projects, films and work, what project/film you think represents you best?
The first film i have ever did in my entire life is called ''The life story of Jasem'' it talks about my father, a simple man who lived a simple life.
6) What makes you special among other film directors
U should ask the audience not me.
7) What are your goals, what do you want to reach?
My goal is to make as many artistic films as possible and make a lot of people watch them.
8) Any upcoming projects/ films?
Yes, there is a documentary i am putting my final touches in it. it's called ''women's right now'' it talks about how women in Kuwait struggled for there political rights and what problems they faced.
9) Will you be participating soon in film festivals/events?
Yes i will.
10) Who influences you most in the field of film direction?
11) Do you think that film direction is becoming more successful in the middle-east?
Yes it is very much.
12) Is there a competition? are you personally competing with other film directors?
No, i am not competing with anyone. In my point of view, Art is not a field that you compete in it is all about expressing your feelings. i would never think of it as a competition even if i participated in a film festival. My main purpose is to show my work to my fans and audience. I also love to learn from other film makers their way of thinking and expressing their feelings, cultures, art, religion, philosophy and thoughts.
13) Any thing you want to add?
i would to thank you for the interview and good luck.
[A BLender Wish]: Goodluck Hamad Jasem! The whole BLender team wishes you a successful career and life! and we are all looking forward to watching your new documentary, "Women's Right Now"